What Is Depression?
Depression is a disabling mental health condition that may manifest in several symptom clusters. Feelings of sadness and hopelessness can be normal, but for people with clinical depression these feelings are persistent and severe for two weeks or more. In fact, these feelings may be associated with difficulty concentrating and making decisions, loss of interest and pleasure in daily activities, irritability and can also be attributed to difficulty sleeping. Severe depression may result in thoughts about suicide or death.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Depression
- Lack of joy
- Sad mood
- Decreased interests
- Changes in sleep, appetite. or concentration
- Low self-esteem
- Hopelessness, helplessness, and low feeling of worthlessness
Depression Study Treatments
The Northwest Clinical Research Center has the opportunity to evaluate several potential new medication treatments for depression. But this cannot be done without research volunteers.
Depression study treatments are dependent upon your current symptoms and treatment regimens. For specific details of study treatments, please contact us using this web form or give us a call to schedule an appointment.
How can we help?
If you are feeling depressed you are not alone.
Your first visit to Northwest Clinical Research Center will consist of a free mental health evaluation. You do not have to have previously been diagnosed with depression.
All of the assessments done throughout the study are free of cost and study medication is also provided at no cost. If you are interested in learning more about the depression studies then complete the web form above or give us a call to schedule an appointment. We currently have several different opportunities for research treatments.
- We are looking for study candidates that are treatment naive (have not had treatment before for depression)
- We are seeking those that have previously taken antidepressants before, but are not currently
- We are also enrolling patients taking an approved antidepressant medication without the desired results (Treatment Resistant Depression)
No Cost Study
There is no cost to participate in the study, and the study participant who is eligible will receive the following:
- Medical evaluation.
- Investigational Medication.
- Study Related Medical Care.
- Compensation up to $750.
- Complimentary transportation or a travel stipend.